With the creation and development of hardscape designs there are a number of important components that come into play. One of the most important elements of any hardscape design project is that of proper compaction of the subgrade and base material. Both are essential to a successful hardscape design created and developed without faulty conditions. At Harpeth Valley Hardscapes we are committed to developing hardscape designs that are effective, efficient and without design defects. With that said we give a great deal of time and attention to getting to know the native soil before beginning any project so as to incorporate efficient and effective compacting soil techniques from the start.
- We identify the type of soil we are going to be working with and make certain that it is suitable for supporting the expected load and meets all the requirements of the project. If we find that the soil is highly organic or contains abundant amounts of clay we take the first important project step by removing them from our soil base.
- If we find the need to replace or amend the soil due to high levels of clay we can easily perform this task by using Portland cement, a larger clean stone that gets compacted into the clay or a simple combination of both options. Whatever it takes, the professional teams here at Harpeth Valley Hardscapes want to ensure that the soil has the capability to handle the load and contribute to the overall development of the hardscape design.
- The next important factor to consider when starting a hardscape design again gives focus to the soil. Granular soils should definitely have a specific moisture content in order to allow for proper compaction. The moisture contained within the soil actually lubricates the particles in the soil and helps them to be able to easily slide into place.
- Following the examination and amending or replacing of the soil and its content, we then want to be certain we are utilizing the most state of the art and appropriate compaction equipment. It is critical that the compaction equipment is large enough to handle the project and ensuring that we have chosen the right type of compactor will minimize or alleviate any unsuspecting problems with the project. Critical to the project is our technicians’ and specialists’ ability to determine which type of compactor, whether a vibratory plate compactor, jumping jacks or sheepsfoot rollers are applicable to the hardscape design and our development needs.
- Finally, when streamlining the hardscape design it is important to never reuse any excavated materials since they tend to fluff by 20 to 30 percent when excavated from the site and will ultimately be unsuitable for compaction to their original density form. For this very reason our expert teams will never reuse excavated materials from the project site.
At Harpeth Valley Hardscapes we take tremendous pride in our top-rated products and services and are committed to executing a successful project by incorporating necessary procedures and techniques as needed throughout each phase of the project. From soil inspections to the final phases of hardscape design, our dedicated professionals are on top of every standard and requirement to ensure that hardscape designs created, developed and installed by our teams provide 100% satisfaction to all our valued clients, whether residential or commercial.
Hardscape designs certainly add décor, class, style and a personal touch to any home or property and the experts here at Harpeth Valley Hardscapes are sure to deliver superior hardscape designs that will make you the envy of the neighborhood. Contact us for a free consultation and let us turn your creative ideas into a true reality today.